We have prepared a surprise for incoming Geo Awareness week (15. – 21. November): a GIS Day contest!
The idea is to stimulate enthusiasm for geography & GIS by creating an opportunity for anyone who wants to use maps for doing meaningful work in their local community or society in general. We will select the best project idea and help contestants with the project realization.
What do we offer?
Best project idea will be awarded with:
- support in conducting the project idea (GIS Cloud apps for free, including storage and full user support)
- project promotion
- special surprise for the contestants after the project is finished
Who can apply?
Private citizens or Non-profit organizations. (Students, academic staff, activists, elementary and high school students, senior citizens…)
Examples of project ideas:
- Tree inventory
- Mapping the bike infrastructure (routes, poles…)
- Ecology/environmental projects
- Local community engagement
- Healthcare projects
- Community work – Mapping the homeless population
Note: You don’t have to worry about detailed project plan. We are rewarding an idea, not the fully elaborated project. GIS Cloud will provide an assistance with project elaboration and technical support for setting up the project.
Deadline for applications: GIS Day – November 18th, 2015 (00:00 in your timezone)
Results: November 20th, 2015
If you have any questions about GIS Day contest, contact us here.
How to apply?
Just fill in the form here.