Every year, thousands of Geogeeks worldwide celebrate International GIS Day. Guys at GIS Cloud are also joining the celebration with various activities during Geo Awareness Week (November 13 to 19).
They are again launching GIS Day Contest 2017 with the goal of promoting initiatives and project ideas that influence advancement and sustainability in local communities around the world.
The main idea of the contest is to motivate non-profit organizations, citizens, college students, academic staff, and start-up companies to engage in the development of their local communities using modern GIS technologies. Geotechnologies can be used to solve problems in a great number of areas such as environmental protection, pollution, preserving cultural heritage, health, security, sustainable infrastructure, citizen initiatives, and more.
Contest submissions will be judged on the following criteria:
- Community impact
- Realization potential (is it realistic that the project will be accomplished within one year)
- Originality of the idea and innovative application of geo-technology
The top 3 project ideas will be rewarded with:
- Premium GIS Cloud software licenses (including storage), technical and user support
- Project promotion and marketing
- GIS Cloud acknowledgment and certification of participation
Deadline for applications: November 20th, 2017 (00:00 in your timezone)
Results: Winners will be announced within two weeks of the application deadline.
Learn more and register here.